224 Crown Street, Darlinghurst NSW 2010
+61 2 8356 3777
The story about where we live
We have the privilege of working in a 185 year-old terrace, which has had a long and colourful history and is located in the café hub of Darlinghurst.
The site was a section of a Crown Grant in 1793 and became part of the Riley Estate in 1822. A few years’ later tradesmen working on the Victoria Barracks used sandstone blocks from that site to erect the properties.
It is estimated that these two-level dwellings were completed around 1832 (supported by the recent findings of an 1829 English shilling on an adjacent site).
The earliest street map available, dated 1854, shows the footprint of the building now occupied by the Citrus team, who now have the pleasure of enjoying this inspiring and creative environment.